The toll-free crisis telephone counselling line deals with hundreds of queries from children and adults. The line, which provides an invaluable educative service, receives calls relating to a wide variety of issues and problems including:
- Abuse (physical, emotional, sexual);
- Child Pornography;
- Abuse at school by educators;
- Relationship problems (peers, parents, teachers);
- Sexual problems and pregnancy;
- Depression and attempted suicide;
- Neglect; Financial problems;
- Learning and educational problems;
- Bullying; Harassment;
- Homeless children; Begging;
- Divorce, custody and access;
- Sibling issues; Loneliness; Test calls.
The Childline Toll free number receives approximately 60000 to 90000 calls per month across all the provinces.