Childline South Africa is hosting a 2 day training workshop: Computer-Facilitated Crimes Against Children: A multidisciplinary Approach to Online Sexual Exploitation and Abuse on the 31 October 2016 – 1 November 2016 in Durban and 10 -11 November 2016 in Gauteng.
Computer-facilitated crimes against children, the production and distribution of child abuse images (pornography), online grooming and sexual exploitation of children can involve any child, anywhere. Professionals need to be aware of the scope of the problem, common indicators of victimization and appropriate ways to respond to a child in need. They must work together to ensure the protection and the healing of the victim and family, investigate the crime, and prosecute the offender.
This workshop will engage participants actively in the discussion of case illustrations and participants will be requested to bring case examples from their own practice to discuss. As different sectors are involved in the management of computer facilitated crimes against children and the care and protection of children, participants will also be requested to compile draft diagrams that reflect inter-sector networking.
The finer details are as follows:
- The conference is co-sponsored by the International Centre & Missing and Exploited Children (ICMEC) and ChildLine.
- Earn 8 CPD points for SACSSP.
- RSVP: No later than 19 October 2016 for the Durban event OR 2 November for the Gauteng event to Beauty @ [email protected] or 031 201 0669 or 031 201 2059
- Venue for Durban: William Clark Child and Youth Care Centre Hall, 23 Garbutt Road, Sherwood, Durban.
- Venue for Gauteng: Childline Gauteng Office, 305 Memorial Institute for Child Health and Development, Joubert Street Extension, Johannesburg
- Cost: R500 per person including lunch and tea/coffee.
Download the training workshop itinerary for Durban
Download the registration form for Durban
Download the training workshop itinerary for Guateng
Download the registration form for Gauteng
We look forward to seeing you there.